Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DVD: AFV Acrylic Techniques by Mig Jimenez

Today I received my copy of the new DVD: AFV Acrylic Techniques by Mig Jimenez.
This DVD shows various techniques to paint and weather armor using Vallejo Acrylic paints and pigments.

This video is full of very useful information as well as clear demonstration on weathering a tank from start to finish.
The DVD is narrated in English with Spanish subtitles.  It also includes a brochure describing all the products used in this video.

The only fault I find with this program is that the narration seems hurried and clearly read from a script.  The description of the Vallejo products is brief, so brief that at times I had to "rewind" a bit to see what it was. I guess the enclosed brochure makes up for that.
In my opinion, this is money well spent and a must have in your collection for as far as I know, there are is no other DVD available at the moment describing this process with Vallejo Acrylic products (now if they would do something like that for the aircraft modelers....).  Oh and the music track is awesome!

I give it two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment